Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wow What A DaY!

What happened today?????
Today at internship I was given a tour of my internship site. I learned what they do and what I'm going to be doing for the time I am interning here. I intern at A Network for A Healthy California and they are known for teaching different age groups about how good it is for the human body to be eating fruit daily. For instance, if you have type 2 diabetes it can totally be prevented if you eat a cup of fruit everyday. I will be going out to the community and helping my mentor do the job of teaching others about the positives of eating fruit as well as working on presentations.

How did you get to internship????
Getting to internship was a journey. I arrived at my internship by taking the bus, from the bus onto the trolley, and after the trolley walking to my location. At first everything was going really smooth, my intern partner and I knew exactly what bus to take until we reached the area where our intership site was located. We were scared but not to the point where we panicked. So our solution was asking people if they knew where the building was, and thankfully someone did and we got to our site on time. It was actually our mentor that had us waiting for her 20 minutes after our set time.

What did you do for lunch???
For lunch, I went to go pick up my school lunch, then decided to go to Starbucks because I was craving a Grande Java Chip Frappuccino. After that, I headed towards the bus stop where I only had to wait 5 minutes.

How did you get home??
My mom picked me up at my site at 3:30 after my exciting first day of internship was over. I am now relieved that I know where to go without the fear of getting lost on Thursday. I'm excited to see what's next!

How did everything go?
Everything went better than I expected. I was expecting a book of rules and my mentor telling me exactly what I will be doing as soon as I stepped foot into the office. But it wasn't even like that at all. Everything was laid-back, there wasn't a strict schedule laid out, and I don't have someone over my shoulder telling me what to do every single minute I'm at my internship. So the moral of the story is, "I am satisfied with my internship and being able to see a different side of me as I work in the adult world."

No comments: