Saturday, May 30, 2009

Magazine Reflection Take Three(3)

During this magazine project, I learned a lot of information about how to make my writing more interesting. I learned this technique through critiques and my teacher's advice. Some of these new ideas included making concerts and not pancakes and using the structural loop. I tend to use a lot of the same techniques like "ing's" words and "to be" verbs. So when I went back to make my writing better, I used better action verbs that would grab the reader's attention and make them want to read more. It was hard at first to figure out what to write about but as I looked back at my experiance I realized what subject was not too general to write about. This magazine experiance helped me get out of my comfort zone of just writing the basic things I did at internship. I actually talked about the reasons why I would never continue in the path of just working in a cubicle all day figuring out information about health and physical activity. It was more of a learning experiance than it was a junior class requirement.

No comments: